April 7, 2016
March wasn't exciting but it wasn't devastating, either. March was good to me. There were plenty of ordinary moments in ordinary days. It turns out that I like it that way. And finding the little things that stand out on days like those make for my favourite kind of pictures. The March collection of photographs is the perfect example.
1. The ice was only visible in the early morning hours. By ten o'clock it had all melted.
2. If it hadn't been my turn to feed the chickens, I would have slept in and missed that early morning light.
3. This is just a picture of my couch. The window is still covered in plastic. I look at it every day and every day it looks the same. Still, I love this picture. It feels so damn familiar.
4. I bought a really ugly purple flannel shirt at Frenchy's just for the buttons. Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do.
5. The very sad, yet wonderful, state of my knitting basket. I should tidy it up but it brings me too much joy the way it is.
6. Monkey in a bowl. I had nothing to do with it. It wasn't even my bowl. Monkeys.
7. Geneva's beautiful hair made only more beautiful by the fun things she can make it do.
8. The first flowers to show up in my garden. Thank you, spring.
9. While these are always green, they look best in the warm afternoon sunlight.